Tips while you travel through Southwest Airlines
If you reside in the south west or you have to travel to the southwest, most of the times you travel through Southwest Airlines. You can take help of the south west airline guide to know all the available flights and the arrival and departure time as well the fares and all the necessary information related to your travel. But to save some bucks and make your travel easier, you need to follow some tips.
1. You should seek for the best fares available for a travel program and because these are very time limited you need to decide fast that which one will be good for you. You can plan in advance for your travel visit and check out the website of the airlines or help guide so as to save many bucks of yours.
2. You can also join the Southwest Frequent Traveler Program whereby if you have to make frequent visits with southwest you can buy tickets for your short trips and use the free tickets that you will earn for your longer and expensive trips.
3. Since Southwest finds that boarding is better and takes less time when they board the travelers in groups, they doesnít assign seats. You have groups namely A, B and C where A is the best group that gives you a chance to board first. You can also make more seating selection and can also assure a bin for your carry on luggage when you get the A-status. You would get a C- status that will end up you in a middle seat or you have to check your carry on luggage.
4. The pilot of the airlines stands below the Jetway before the incoming flight arrives and you need to queue up before some time the flight arrives. If you stand half an hour before the arriving flight, you should find your place next to a seat in the boarding area but this works when your place in the queue or line happens to be next to a seat.
5. Sometimes you will need to wait to get your pass. You can obtain a pass by paying a small fee to some companies that assist you in reserving your pass in advance.
6. Before the general boarding, children of the age group in between five to eleven who are not accompanied by elders, adults traveling with any child below the age of five and people with physical disabilities are allowed for a pre board. As such, when you make your reservation and check in you should provide your personal or special status.
7. Previously you had to print your boarding pass at home even if it was midnight before you travel but now they have a 24 hour window that provides you with printed boarding passes.
8. You need to weigh your luggage prior you proceed to board in the flight and since there are certain luggage policies you are allowed to carry small personal size briefcase or purse with you and you need to place large items in the overhead bins. In case you had a C status and all the bins are filled up you will have to check your carry on luggage.
9. You should try to reach on time and while you board go directly to your chosen row, set your luggage and sit down instead of chatting with your friends. When the plane fills yup, you can head to back and never backtrack. Donít carry heavy luggage that you canít lift up to the overhead bin because at that moment you yourself are responsible for settling down your luggage.